Monday, March 11, 2013

Tenderly Loved, and smelling of jasmine

When did this Hope plant its seed in my heart, and grow into my eyes, and my hands, and fill up my lungs?

 When did I learn how to breathe in this way?

To look at the world and see hazy pastel sunsets and the soft generous curve of smiles,
and to smell rain, and the breezy kiss of sweet jasmine, and soft vital lavender,
 and to become refreshed for no feasible reason?

When did this realization of Love so take me into itself that I woke up realizing that no matter how difficult life is, how flawed I am, how hopeless a situation appears- that I am irrevokably loved, and guided and protected, and met by my Creator?

When did you do this, my Love?

Did you shake me so softly awake that I didn't realize it?

Did you lift the veil from my eyes so slowly that I didn't realize I was blinking in the glow of sunlight streaming?

 When I deserved nothing but recrimination, I was met with bewildering kindness.
When I deserved death and judgement, I was given made lovely, washed clean, kept close and safe.

I will not doubt you again.

Keep me upward gazing,my Heartsong. Be my hope planted Forever, Lord.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment